Friday, December 14, 2012

A Reason I Love Being a Pastor... Weddings, Big & Small!

There are a few reasons I sometimes don't love being a pastor, or at least I don't love telling people I'm a pastor... they sometimes get that dumbstruck look and start apologizing, as if I've been recording any curse words they may have used or as if I was thinking of how to use them as a sermon illustration. I do neither. Promise.

But a reason I do love being a pastor is weddings! I love the big ones and the small ones, the formal ones and the informal ones. This week I was blessed to join a young couple in mariage in a small, quiet time, standing between our Advent Wreath'ed altar and Xmas tree... they were radiant, the bride and groom! Teresa and some close friends, Jeremy and Deidra Neeley, witnessed. It was a sweet moment in time, and I am so glad for those moments.


Times like this one are special and shouldn't be taken lightly. Every wedding is beautiful and each is special, but these small ones might be my favorite. This isn't my first informal wedding with a very small group... it's always a blessing to share some thoughts on marriage and encourage love in such an immediate way without the needs of a ceremony. I am praying for their many, joyful years together!

~Todd


No comments:

Post a Comment